Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedro_freire
Contributor III
Contributor III

Evaluate Chart Expression at line level - Part3

Hello again,

I'm building upon an initial solution bystalwar1‌ that worked great untill now, but as business request changed, I'm having trouble changing the model to include this new requests.

The question I'm trying to answer, using a Chart (Straight or Pivot Table) layout, is the following:

1. Considering that we have a PRODUCT table where:

• one Brand has more than one Product
    • one Product has more than one Pack,
    • each Pack can be in more than one Sub-Markets (or Categories)

2. Considering that we have one FACT table where our measure is SALES_UNITS and our dimension are Pack, Store and a SALES_CONTRIBUTION (being a binary qualifying if the line is relevant for SALES calculations or not).

We want to know for each Product (or Brand, or Pack) on the Pivot table, what is the total Sales Units on the Product (dimension) respective Sub-Markets, but only on the stores that have sold (that have SALES_CONTRIBUTION =1) the product.

Something like this:

Product (dimension)

Sales Units

(expression)

Prod_A

Total Sales_Units of the Prod_A's Sub-Markets, on the Stores that sold Prod_A

Prod_B

Total Sales_Units of the Prod_B's Sub-Markets, on the Stores that sold Prod_B

Prod_C

PROD.png

The general idea is to change dimensions dynamically on user selection, so the data model has to be flexible and dynamic, and preferably to use the same expression for all dimension levels.

Please see attached problem model.

Thank for your help.

Best Regards

Pedro Freire

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

Any update marcus_sommer‌. Do you think it is possible to do what Pedro is looking for here?

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if I have really understood the problem. Therefore I hope my small adjustment is helpful in any way.

- Marcus