Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpleon
Contributor
Contributor

Evaluate all data in pivot table

Hi!

I have a dataset with multiple numbers which identify an specific event during a period of time. This event might repeat over time, so, for example, I might get event 1 on January and February. I am using a Count Distinct function to identify the exact number of events per month,  using month on the columns of a table:

EventDate
1January
2January
8January
1February
2February
3February
4February
5February
6February
7February

In this data set the result of my function would be:

JanuaryFebruary

What I would like to see is the distinct number of events evaluated during the beginning of the period and until the column date, in our example January would evaluate the distinct number of events during January only, but February would have to evaluate January and February with the following results:

JanuaryFebruary

Thanks

Labels (2)
5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Take a look at the Above() and Before() functions in the Help.

cpleon
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, I'm quite new on this. Could you elaborate a bit more on the subject?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You posted this in New to QlikView. I just want to confirm you are using QlikView, not Qlik Sense, before I answer.

-Rob

cpleon
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes, QlikView

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Here is the help for Above()

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/...

If you read that article, you'll see an example using RangeAvg() to calculate a running avg, which is close to what you are looking for.  You want to use RangeSum() to calc a running total

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/...

For the count parameter (how many rows above to accumulate) in RangeSum you can use RowNo() which represents the number of the current row.  Use can also use the Top() function rather than Above(). 

If you search "running total" on this forum you'll find some more examples.

-Rob