Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Excel Export Issues.

hi All,

We have an ad-hoc chart which has rows of about 61,60,790 rows for a particular month. the user wants it to get exported in to a spreadsheet. we are facing a problem here. it takes more than 2 to 3 hours when we click on Export icon and after that it displays a message saying file cannot be loaded completely. we are performing this activity from server(Desktop).

Please suggest us on what can be done to capture all the records in the spreadsheet within shortest possible time.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Jyothi

4 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

This is how it works for such records.

Try by increasing ram and CPU indeed.

Or may be optimizing macro can help

function exportTable

set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH01")

obj.SendToExcel

end function

Try this and let me know if that help.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

hi Ashfaq,

Thanks for the reply!

Could you please explain a bit? how am i supposed to use this macro? does this macro has impact on all the excel exports?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Could I ask why on earth the user would want a spreadsheet with so many rows (even if it were possible, given the 1m row limit in Excel)?? If this is for import into a database or other analysis tool, then export to a csv file, which has no row limit. I would also do that during the reload, rather than from the desktop client.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

I just gave a sample you can try by replacing your Excel export macro with this one and monitor if there are any improvements.

Check with one report and let me know.

Regards

ASHFAQ