Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noman212
Creator III
Creator III

Exclude Dimension in Expression (Pivot table)

Hi Community,

I am stuck in a problem.

i select a pivot chart

consist of 4 dimension

Town, distributor name , date and dsrname

based on this i used expressions

one of expression i used  want to exclude DISTRIBUTORNAME which i used as a dimension.

i used this expression but its not working

count(DISTINCT {<[Fiscal Year]=,[Fiscal Month]=,Quarter=,Day=, SALEDATE=, DISTRIBUTORNAME=, REGION=, TOWN=,DSRNAME= >}  SHOPCODE)

i want to exclude all dimension from expression.

How can i d this ?

Required help

Regards

Noman khan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like:

count(Total DISTINCT {<[Fiscal Year]=,[Fiscal Month]=,Quarter=,Day=, SALEDATE=, REGION=, TOWN=,DSRNAME= >}  SHOPCODE)

Update: If you have multiple dimensions in the chart, you might have to add prior dimensions in 'Total' like: Total <Dim1, Dim2>

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like:

count(Total DISTINCT {<[Fiscal Year]=,[Fiscal Month]=,Quarter=,Day=, SALEDATE=, REGION=, TOWN=,DSRNAME= >}  SHOPCODE)

Update: If you have multiple dimensions in the chart, you might have to add prior dimensions in 'Total' like: Total <Dim1, Dim2>

sunny_talwar

Can you elaborate on how it is not working? Is the expression filtering out data based on when you make selections? Would you be able to provide screenshots if providing sample isn't possible?

noman212
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Expression:

count(DISTINCT {<[Fiscal Year]=,[Fiscal Month]=,Quarter=,Day=, SALEDATE=,DISTRIBUTORNAME= >}  SHOPCODE)

I want Count of shop code Town wise

like Chinnot has a count of 322 total shops

DI Khan has a total of 423 shop and so on...

i exclude Distributor name in expression but it bifurcate total no of shop with "distribution name".

11.png

Dimension :

12.png

sunny_talwar

I think you need this (as tresesco also mentioned)

Count(DISTINCT TOTAL <REGION, TOWN> {<[Fiscal Year]=,[Fiscal Month]=,Quarter=,Day=, SALEDATE=,DISTRIBUTORNAME= >}  SHOPCODE)