Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exclude Results from Other Field in Select Excluded

Set Analysis: Show Excluded and Refine Results

This is a follow on from the above post. I have been trying to present a list of bankers who have not sold a certain product, which is defined by the user searching for the name of the product.

The solution I have reached with the help of the community is to create a pivot table with an if formula that says 'if market value of current selection >0 then 0 else 1. I have then used 'Show all values' as the dimension and suppressed zero values in the expression from the presentation tab.

The problem I have now is that when I apply an additional filter (in this case 'Region') my results still include bankers from all regions. In a similar previous question I used a syntax like this: {1<Region=$::Region>} which solved for that particular case but I cannot work out how to incorporate into my solution here.

The syntax I am using for the if statement is: IF( SUM ( {$} MKT_VAL ) > 0 , 0 ,1 ).

I have a feeling this might need an IF AND type statement when AND is current selection of region (or multiple regions)

Any pointers in right direction very much appreciated!

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Out of the below, more a than anything.

I am thinking of cases like this: look at equity exposure first, so which bankers do and do not have any market value in equities. Next refine results by product, selecting only company A. May then want to focus on particular region (where banker is physically located).

At the moment if I go iin with asset class first, the result is that there are no bankers who have not sold the asset class (presumably due to lack of selection of prodiuct). Perhaps this calls for some sort of OR statement that allows for combination of product and asset class?