Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anononymous13
Contributor II
Contributor II

Exclude min value from Dimension

Hello Qlik experts ,

I am trying to create a chart to show the first appearance of a product in the market.

I used the expression =aggr({<[Year]=>}Min([Year]),[product]) in my Dimension to show all the products and their min year and the data on the bar chart appears correctly.

Now I would want to exclude the year '2015' from the Dimension and show only the products that appeared for the first time between 2016 to 2020, when I try to use the expression aggr({<[Year]=>}min({$<[Year]={'<>2015'}>} [Year]),[Product])

the values for 2015 and 2016 are adding up in the bar chart. Could anybody please help me with the issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Ok, I added a clause to ignore selections when calcualtes the min year of each product:

Count({<Year-={2015}>}Aggr(if(Min({1} TOTAL <product> Year)=Year, product), product, Year))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, ycan you try this?: =aggr({<[Year]-={2015}>}Min([Year]),[product])

Or use a simple Year and product as dimensions and set the logic in expression:

Count({<Year-={2015}>}Aggr(if(Min(TOTAL <product> Year)=Year, product), product, Year))

Anononymous13
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello @rubenmarin ,

Thank you. Count({<Year-={2015}>}Aggr(if(Min(TOTAL <product> Year)=Year, product), product, Year)) works however when I select the Year filter , the values adds up again.

rubenmarin

Ok, I added a clause to ignore selections when calcualtes the min year of each product:

Count({<Year-={2015}>}Aggr(if(Min({1} TOTAL <product> Year)=Year, product), product, Year))

Anononymous13
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you @rubenmarin , it works.