Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exclude sheet from field selection

What is the simplest way to exclude an entire sheet from a single field's selection? Ex. All field selections in the document apply to the sheet and it's child objects as normal except for the Year field selections.

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

There is two way to exclude the filter selection.

1. Use island table (no link/relation with any table)

2. Use set analysis. ex(=sum({<productCat= >}nbr))

Regards

Ashok

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Ashok, but unfortunately, your suggestion won't work for this case. What I'm trying to achieve is to have all normal selections applied to the objects on a sheet except for year. I've tried {<Year=>}, but it doesn't work because, when a year is selected, it can narrow down the months that are available for selection. Basically, I'm trying to keep all months available for selection no matter what year is selected. Does that make sense?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

try like this =sum({<Year=,Month=,Quarter=,Week=,Day= >}amount)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

How you months are being displayed. If they are 'Jan', 'Feb' etc then use

sum({<Year=,Month=p(Month)>}amount)

If they are 2013-Jan, 2013-Feb etc then the possible option is to use alternate state.

Make a new state and assign the Year selection to the new state and it will only affect in that state.

Hope this help,

Anosh

Not applicable
Author

That didn't seem to work either. I've included my expression in hopes that it will make more sense:

Sum({$<qtMonth={$(=chr(39) & Concat(distinct Month, chr(39) & ',' & chr(39)) & chr(39))}>} qtEntCore)

I have a spreadsheet that loads qtMonth and qtEntCore. It is something like this:

salesPerson, qtMonth, qtEntCore

Joe, Jan, 50

Joe, Feb, 100

Joe, Mar, 120

etc.....

When no Month is selected on screen, it should sum all qtMonths for a given sales person. Problem is, if someone was to select a Year, it may narrow down the Months to less than all 12 of them, which would lessen qtEntCore.

I have, actually, come up with a sort of solution for this. I've removed the Year selection from the sheet. I added an onActivate event for the sheet that saves any pre-selected Year to a variable and then clears Year. Onleave, I add the Year selection back from the variable. I know this isn't the greatest solution, but it seems to work for what I need.

Thanks again for your help.

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

You can try with the new QV 11 feature Alternate states.

Have the sheet objects in one alternate state and other sheet objects are in default state.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Celambarasn, but I have considered Alternate States. The problem is, I need all other document selections to apply to the sheet except for one field. I can't have the sheet as an island.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

Try using only this in your expression

Sum({$<year=>} qtEntCore)

Hope this helps,

Anosh

Not applicable
Author

Yep, tried that first :

Sum({$<Year=,qtMonth={$(=chr(39) & Concat(distinct Month, chr(39) & ',' & chr(39)) & chr(39))}>}qtEntCore)

Also tried:

Sum({1<[Fiscal Year]=> * $<qtMonth={$(=chr(39) & Concat(distinct Month, chr(39) & ',' & chr(39)) & chr(39))}>}qtEntCore)

Unfortunately, no dice