Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Excluding data from QVW

I have a QVW where most of the data is associated with different workers,

however our company is divided to two types of workers and i want to show only one of them.

Currently the QVW loads all the names from our excels and i want to be able to reduce the data to show only one of the groups.

I have created an excel containing a list of all the names i want to keep.

What would be the best way to use this list to filter out the unwanted names? I tried JOINs and EXISTS, but i can't seem to find a good way to make this work.

Thanks everybody!

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Would it be good practice to add another field to the VALID_NAMES_TABLE (for example a field called TYPE where all the values will be VALID) and then using SECTION ACCESS data reduction based on that field?

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hello Shahar,

Could you please send some sample data (scrambled data) where you have grouped the data accordingly.

You can use something like.

You have two workerGroups.

WorkerGrp1, WorkerGrp2.

Try this.

LOAD *

FROM <DatasourceTableName.xlsx>

WHERE Exists(WorkerGrp1);

Thanks,
V.

marcus_sommer

Instead of using several applications which are identically unless the amount of data in certain fields it's quite common to use data-restrictions per section access within the applications. Here you will find more informations: Section Access.

- Marcus

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Yes, Reducing data based on user restriction using section access field is also a good way.

marcus_sommer

Yes, such a simple field TYPE with a value for each group of workers will be enough as association between the section access part and the section application part - but the implementation needs to be done very carefully (with several backup's before you started) - therefore please read the various postings from here Section Access meticolous, especially the Introduction.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

I decided to use data restrictions on section access...

I have added a table with the original key (called portfolio) and a corresponding "TYPE" field,

then i did this

Section Access;

LOAD ACCESS,

NTNAME,

'VALID' as TYPE

FROM

access_table.xlsx

seems to be working correctly, also helped me find alot of mistakes in the original data structure.

Thanks everybody for your answers!!