Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djallelsadki
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Excluding dimension over expressions

Hi,

If any one can help

I have a combo chart with two dimension ( Time and an another one ) and two expressions

the second expression should only be related to the time dimension but not to the second one

I don't know if i'm clear or not !

Thanks,

D.Sadki

16 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

See attached, I removed the dimension and copied the expression for the different types.

Anonymous
Not applicable

if i understand your requirement right, the attached document should work. See second chart in Sheet1.

djallelsadki
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

I have already tried this solution , the fact is i have Potentially  3 to 8 kpi and i can not create 8 Expression One For Each of my dimension values and i will have two more dimensions witch are used with conditional visiblity

3 dimension and maybe 8 expressions max, so 24 expression

difficult to maintain

mybe impossible

thanks,

D.Sadki

Anonymous
Not applicable

aah....i understand.

when i have a large number of expressions that i think will be difficult to maintain, i put them in an excel spreadsheet and read them into my app...may be worth a try in your case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

may be this is an alternative...see Sheet1 in attachment. now, there are two options -

1. have 8 expressions in each of the two charts. - easiest to implement and shouldn't be too hard to maintain.

2. create a table with expression name and the actual expression in excel and read it in. then have a list box for expression name and you can update the two charts to display one expression at a time. easier to maintain.

edit: upon additional thought, i think option 1 is better as option to will need you to get a little creative.

djallelsadki
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

ok, i know this method

i will combine this with a script to create each expression

the expressions are similar sum({<kpi={'x'}>}Id), the difficulty reside in the creation of those expressions !

i will have different customers and i'll not create an excel document for each one of them...

maybe with a macro, create each expression and the conditions linked to them

or more simple two graphics, but i need to explain that to my customer

thanks,

D.Sadki

Anonymous
Not applicable

i agree...i find that explaining/educating a customer helps out quite a bit as he may not have thought of this approach. good luck.