Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Excluding some values

Hi all,

I have a question concerning the exclusion of some values.

I have a dimension Year= 1998, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

And I have the dimension Month= jan ... dec.

When I create my report, I select the current month and year. A couple of my tables only show he results for that specific month and year. One of my tables however is a chart with all months visbible, so I use Month= in my expression. That's that.

But I also want multiple years visible. This is where the issue lies: I only want 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Problem is, to create my report, I selected '2016' and I cannot write Year= because that would also show me results for 1998 and 2013 in this specific chart (and I do not want those years being visible).

I tried to use the combination of both Year= in my expression and a calculated dimension saying =if(Year='2014' OR '2015' OR '2016', Year) but that does not work unfortunately, it still shows me all of the values for Year. Apparently an expression is 'stronger' dan a calculated dimension.

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
3 Replies
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

if your expression is Sum(Sales) then to exclude the year 1998 you write the following:

sum(${<Year={'*'}>-<Year={1998}>} Sales)

* means all years (Nulls are excluded)

or

you can write sum({<Year -={1998}>}Sales)

I can walk on water when it freezes
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the link!

Using = - {} instead of - = {} did the trick!