Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Excluding the value from a dimension

Imagine North,East,South and West are the area and A,B,C and are the groups which are there in each of the area. What I want to do is I want to exclude B group only from the East area. Rest of the area can have all the groups. I want to do this filteration at the dimension level.

Could you please help me out!

I wrote the below code to to exclude East from the Area. I don't know what is the code I have to write to exclude B Group only in East Area

=if(Area<>'East',Area)

----------------- Data for your understanding -----------------

Area

North

East

South

West

Group

A

B

C

D

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

What Haneesh suggested is the right method. Please find attached the QVW file again.

Regards,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Haneesh

But could you please explain what does that code does. What does that Null() do in the if condition?

Not applicable
Author

The function null() returns a null value. When the condition is satisfied (Area='East' AND Group='B'), then a null value will be returned, else the group value will be returned. So, in this case when the condition is satisfied we get a null value and the chart will suppress this null value.

Hope this explains the expression clearly.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Haneesh,

Understood now!!!

If Area='East' and Group='B' then it will be Null() or else it wil display the group.

Many thanks to you and Sajeevan too.