Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Excluding values from a listbox

HI There,

Hope you can help me with a query.

I have a field in a table called ForecastVersion, this contains data for CurrentForecast, 2013Forecast, 2012Forecast, Actuals and SellOut. I have a couple of Listboxes that allow a user to select two forecast versions to generate a compare in a line chart. I want the list boxes to exclude the Actuals and SellOut forecast versions. I used an expression like

=if(ForecastVersion<>'Actuals' and ForecastVersion<>'SellOut',ForecastVersion)

to exclude these. However when I do that i can't select the 'Always One Selected Value' checkbox under Properties-General. To resolve this, I want to create a new table in the script file that contains just the three ForecastVersions I need. How can I do this? How can I modify the code below to select only the fields I want?

Thanks

John

ForecastVersions:

Load

Data,

PurgeChar(ForecastVersion,' ') AS [ForecastVersion],

Measure,

Region,

PartName,

ShipDate,Date(Date# (ShipDate , 'YYYYMM'),'MMM-YY') as Date

2 Replies
iktrayanov
Creator III
Creator III

Load

Data,

if(PurgeChar(ForecastVersion,' ')<>'Actuals' and PurgeChar(ForecastVersion,' ')<>'SellOut',PurgeChar(ForecastVersion,' ')) AS [ForecastVersion],

Measure,

Region,

PartName,

ShipDate,Date(Date# (ShipDate , 'YYYYMM'),'MMM-YY') as Date

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You could for example load a new resident table with all data from ForecastVersions, fields named differently, with condition Where Match([ForecastVersion],'Actuals','SellOut')=0.

However, f I were you, I'd just duplicate the first chart, to change the dimension ForecastVersion into a calculated one:

=if(Match([ForecastVersion],'Actuals','SellOut')=0, [ForecastVersion])

then name this dimension ForecastVersion and select not showing nulls. The 2nd graph displays the same data, just shows nothing for 'Actuals' and 'SellOut' selections.