cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olivetwist
Creator
Creator

Execute another local Qlikview

I have been working to consolidate some morning startup processes at work and part of that involves a few QV applications that I use locally. I have created a master application that runs through its script and executes a few other programs, opens some websites, and opens a few folders. I was trying to have it launch a second instance of QV using the following command:
EXECUTE "C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" "\\server\randomlocation\Automate Emails.qvw"; 

The command works but the original startup instance of QV hangs and spins until you close the second instance before continuing with the script. 

Can anyone provide a solution that allows me to launch a second instance without the first instance waiting? I am trying to avoid batch files. 

2 Replies
olivetwist
Creator
Creator
Author

I was not able to make this work but in my situation the execution is the final step in the process so i was able to make it work using a post reload trigger.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only thing of which I can think to try would be adding a call to cmd.exe /c between EXECUTE and path...  That might work, but I am not sure! 🙂

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.