Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Join us at the Cloud Data and Analytics Tour! REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kunkulis
Creator
Creator

Expand ListBox if valu selected

Hello,

I have a ListBox of Years from 2006 till 2020.
year.PNG
Now with an expression I have made it into this:
year1.PNG

Now what I would like to achieve is, if you select 'Older' it doesn't select 2006-2015 years, but expands the list.
Doesn't really matter how, the main thing would be so it doesn't create cluster.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kunkulis
Creator
Creator
Author

Managed to find the solution.

Using "<Expression>" in fields and this was my statement

=if(Match([Year],'2020','2019','2018','2017','2016'), [Year],if(Match([Year],'2015','2014','2013'),'Older'&'/'& [Year]))

Select 'Show as TreeView' and its done

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Kunkulis
Creator
Creator
Author

Managed to find the solution.

Using "<Expression>" in fields and this was my statement

=if(Match([Year],'2020','2019','2018','2017','2016'), [Year],if(Match([Year],'2015','2014','2013'),'Older'&'/'& [Year]))

Select 'Show as TreeView' and its done

View solution in original post

marcus_sommer
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

You may reach it with the use of several actions which query the selections and show/hide (probably with the help of some variables) multiple listboxes and de-select the values appropriate.

Like it already sounds I wouldn't go this way else I would probably use a cyclic dimension-group within the listbox. This may native fields from the datamodel or just calculated dimensions within the group. The important point is not to include a cluster of values like your created 'Older' else just those values which are intended. I think I would create 3 dimensions with 'Current Years', 'Older Years' and 'All Years'.

- Marcus