Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Expanded listbox treeview

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea on how I could accomplish to always keep a Listbox with a treeview expanded?

On every reload its collapsed, and since I like to try to use it for navigation, It should always be expanded.

Thank in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Torben,

I believe it may be because your data set does not have a full tree, it is missing the root nodes Pivot, Straight Table and Charts. From the way the treeview works, I think they all need to be there to work properly. In any case, with them added it seems to work when I reload and save and reopen. See updated sample.

Tom

View solution in original post

8 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Hmmm, the one example I have doesn't change what's open or closed on a reload. If I save the document, it also preserves my view of the hierarchy in the list box. It doesn't look like I've done anything unusual, just selected "Show as TreeView". I am not on SR1 yet, so perhaps that's a difference. Maybe something broke, or starting out with everything closed is a new "feature".

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi John,

That's strange, I'm on SR1. And it collapses when I reload, save, close the doc and open it again (did you do the last part).

Also I'm sort of expecting that their should be a hidden macro to control this, but I've tried some magic words, without any luck 😞

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Yeah, I did close the doc and reopen it, and it left the list box tree view exactly like I'd left it. Let me post the sample application I'm looking at, and that may tell us if it's an SR1 issue, or if there's some hidden setting somewhere that I don't remember setting.

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

That is so weird, you're application works correctly as you said. While mine still acts silly. I'm posting mine so you can have a go at it?!

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

If I modify yours app, then it stops working. I can save and reload. But if I change the datamodel and add a new object it starts collapsing.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I added a another table and another object, but mine kept working. Nothing I tried with yours made it work. I have no idea what's going on. That you were able to make mine fail is very interesting, but I just don't know what to make of it.

Not applicable

Torben,

I believe it may be because your data set does not have a full tree, it is missing the root nodes Pivot, Straight Table and Charts. From the way the treeview works, I think they all need to be there to work properly. In any case, with them added it seems to work when I reload and save and reopen. See updated sample.

Tom

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Tom,

You're were bang on! I did not even consider those nodes were needed. I'd like them disabled though, since they have no function.

Btw this is great for navigation in mixed internet explorer (works well in ie6) environments where they like to use ajax. Even greater if those top nodes could be disabled 😉

Thank for the help both of you!