Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Export button help??????

Hi Folks,

I'm having a application A3.qvw (Please see the attachment) , here I'm having a straight table where I'm calling few fields as dimension & expression.

My client want me to create a Export report button for this application and on clicking this export button he want output as Report.xls (Please see the attachment)

Please help me how to create this Export report button to get the desired output as mentioned in the attachment.

Thanks in advance .

AS

20 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

There could be one of the few reasons as below..

1) No Microsoft Office installed in your PC.

2) If you check below line in the Macro..

set MyTable = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH02")

You need to change CH02 to your actual table's ID.

You can find the same in your general tab of specific object.

3) In Macro EDIT MODULE (CTRL + M)

Requested Module Security should be System Access

Current Local Security should be Allow System Access

Please try above suggestion and let me know if still you have problem.

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Byron\Shyamal,

Mentioned below are the headings in Report.xls (In Bold) template and in brackets I'm mentioning the fields (Please see yellow ones) which i need to linkfrom qvw application

1) REASON IMPROVEMENT PROJECT WAS CHOSEN ([Complaint No.])

2) INITIAL / CURRENT CONDITION (Plant)

3) TARGET CONDITION / GOAL(Date)

4) IMPROVEMENT INVESTIGATION / CONTAINMENT( [Problem Desc.])

5 WHY ANALYSIS / TOP ISSUES( Containment)

5) IMPROVEMENT ACTIONS / COUNTERMEASURES ([Complaint Owner])

6) IMPLEMENTATION PLAN ([Info])

7) FOLLOW UP/ CONFIRMATION OF IMPROVEMENT EFFECT ( [Complaint Title/Issue])

😎 KEY LEARNING POINTS ([Customer / Cost center])

Not applicable

Thanks busy working on it.

And with regards to the headings in the report.xls i.e. project title, team ? Or this something you will do yourself?

Cheers,

Byron

lawrenceiow
Creator II
Creator II

Hi AS,

Depending on what your Excel skills are like I think you should consider the suggestion from prya sane (and Shyamal Pandit) - create of Straight Table of the data you need to export and then use the Export to Excel option.

317.PNG

Then use the exported spreadsheet as a data source for the report.xls template. The User would be expected to re-link (or import) to the template file each time they export a new dataset in this way.

Just incase you don't know about the export to excel option, make sure you are displaying the Caption and tick the Send to Excel box....

318.PNG

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Thanks a lot Byron for your help, yes rest I will do myself.

Thanks,

AS

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Lawrenceiow,

Thanks for your suggestion, I know this export but my requirement is totally different. It is not just a simple export from qvw straight chart. I need a automated button which will help me to get desired data from qvw into the Client template.

Thanks,

AS

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Manish,

Yes there was problem with point number 3 of yours , I corrected it ,I'm getting the export but a normal one not the desired one.

Your Export looks like this:

Complaint No.PlantDateCustomer / Cost centerComplaint OwnerComplaint ClassificationInfoComplaint Title/IssueProblem Desc.Containment
C-2011-0406018 Amit Info24.May.2011CHRYSLER DE MEXICO S,A,DE C,V, REFORMA 1240, SANTA FE MEXICO, DISTRITO FEDERALAmit,Saini Phone: (519) 251-7576-Contact: XYZ CHRYSLER DE MEXICO S,A,DE C,V, REFORMA 1240, SANTA FE XYZ,ABC Complaint Title: hole in fuel tank 24.May.2011 Customer Complaint Number: Part#: 720234 Part Desc: TANQUE DJ 35G Diesel 05147789AB Qty Suspect:1900 Qty Not OK:2 Qty Reworked:0 Qty Returned:1 Qty PPM Relevant:2hole in fuel tankProblem Desc.:Barreno en tanque de gasolina Defect Desc.:Amit Team/Individual to customer: J. Montalvo/ T.Delgado, C.Jimenez, S.Gonzalez, O. Gordian, A.Marin, J.Lansing Size of problem (ex. dimension): barreno en tanque - See attached picture Sample parts(s) returned to XYZ: [ ]Yes, [ ]No Date: Samples Evaluated by: Date samples evaluated: Sample part(s) shipped to: Not Applicable Date: Samples evaluated by: Date Samples Evaluated: XYZ serial #: Component part #: Not Applicable Component serial #: Not Applicable When was suspect product produced?: Was the suspect product previously repaired at the customer? Yes [ ], No Does the component to final assembly serial # association match? (If applicable) Yes[ ] Not Applicable24h-containment 24h-containment Date:24/5/11 Work Instruction posted at each inspection operation: Yes, [ ]No List locations: Warehouse, Production line Date: 24/5/11 Quarantine GOODS @ XYZ Description: Sorted all stock # of parts sorted: 300 # of parts rejected: 0 % of parts rejected: 0 Date: May 24-26, 2011 All stock @ customer sorted # of parts sorted: 800 # of parts rejected: 0 % of parts rejected: 0

But Required one should looks like Report.xls (Please see the attachment)

Thanks a lot for your time and help.

AS

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Folks,

Kindly help me on this.

Thanks,

AS

lawrenceiow
Creator II
Creator II

Is this what you mean?

1. Create a button,
  2. Add an external action to export
    1. specify the fields you need to export as a record.
    2. specify the path and filename of the export file.
  3. link your report.xls file to the file you specified at 2b above.
  4. Make sure you select one record (eg the complaint number)
  5. Click the button you created above.

Take a look at the attached files: Report.xls is your template file which is linked to book1.xls which was exported as described above.

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Lawren,

Yes exactly I want the same functionality with export button.

Thanks,

AS