Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bellesol
Creator
Creator

Export table to excel

Hi,

I have a table that contains three columns: 1. dimension 2.calculated dimension 3.expression 

when I export the table to excel I would like to export the column "calculate dimension" to a number and not text. 

is it possible?

I have attached qvw for an example.

3 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

you haven't attached a model 

but to the best of my knowledge calculated  dimension are automatically exported as texts  

bellesol
Creator
Creator
Author

Indeed, the column is exported as text
I want to export the column as a number

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The issue appears to be related to the following setting, which has a default value of on/1:

ExcelExportMixedAsText

If you change this to off/0, it should do the text, but this setting is global to the client, so everything is going to follow the pattern.  You would put this into the Settings.ini file under the [Settings 7] area.  Hopefully this will do the trick.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.