Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Export to Excel is not wowrking on QV 12.10.0 , Win 10 and Office 365 32 bit

Hello Experts,

Export to excel is not working on Qlikview 12.10.0 developer version (Not in server) and windows 10 operating system.

I have tried to follow the steps provided by the user Pete

Re: Export to Excel does not work: Win 10 and Office 365

I am having office 32 and there is no tick mark against DDE Connection (Dynamic Data Exchange). Even though My export to Excel is not working.

Operating System: Windows 10

Qlikview : 12.10.0 (Licensed Dev Version)

Office: MS Excel 2016 MSO (16.7329.1037) 32 bit

some one please help me.

Thanks

PS

3 Replies
andre_ficken
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi There,

I have the same problem. Excel 2016, Office 365, but locally installed. Excel 2016 attached to file types, but Excel 2016 does not open when XL is selected on a table chart and the data is not exported.

DDE tig is not checked....

Anyone found a solution found for this??

andre_ficken
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Additional question regarding the export from Excel. We have tested this also with Excel 2013. Excel opens, but creates a 64k row sheet when the number of rows is less then 64k. When the number of rows is > 64k then all rows are exported and the sheet is as large as that number of rows. The problem with this situation is that you cannot copy/paste the first situation behind or before the second situation. Excel does not allow this.

The second issue is that although the export is done to Excel 2013, the file save as show that the file is saved as a Excel 1997-2003 sheet, instead of a Excel 2013 format.... How can this be set properly?? I know there is a program and file extension setting in Windows. I had a look at it and it seems to be ok, but Excel still has this behaviour, also after a restart of the machine.

andre_ficken
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I managed to get this problem resolved by going through the install procedure of Office365 1 more time...

After this Excel opened when selecting the XL button and the data got exported correctly.