Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Expresion error

Hi all,

Sunny T

how to use Sum with First sortedvalue

I have to get sum of balance  .. but the values is showing wrong with below expression.

=

sum(if (

isnull(FirstSortedValue([Balance], ssDate))

FirstSortedValue([Balance], ssDate)

)

)

Can anyone advice with correct syntax

Thanks

Chanty

19 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is the problem with Opening or Closing Balance? You are sharing the opening balance expression and pointing out that Closing balance is showing negative?

Capture.PNG

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Okay let me explain.

the result is coming as "0"   so the result is always  result should be some amount  as opening balance is not equal to zero.

the image showing the result per above expresion.

sunny_talwar

I see what you want, but I am not sure what might be missing. Is posting a sample a possibility bro?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

No bro. that is the issue

sunny_talwar

Okay let me ask you this

Capture.PNG

I see that there are some values showing up and 0 are for totals? Is this true? May be we just need to figure out a way to fix the totals if the line level are already working

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

yes sunny.. now its clear check below image

sunny_talwar

How about this:

Sum(Aggr(If(IsNull(FirstSortedValue(Balance, ssDate)), 0, FirstSortedValue(Balance, ssDate)), L1, L2, L3, L4, Account))

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

its working. but need to check with DB. and come back to you sunny.

sunny_talwar

Awesome , I hope it is actually working

Best,

Sunny

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You need an AGGR() when you nest a firstsorted() inside a sum(), and there´s a function Alt() that makes your logic (if null then "0")

sum(aggr(alt(FirstSortedValue([Balance], ssDate),0),Account) // supposing you need to aggregate by Account