Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unkisoN
Contributor II
Contributor II

Expression =! Dimension

Hi colleagues,

i have a simple pivot chart with a lot of dimensions.

I have two expressions

• Weight (kg): = sum(totalweight)
  • Fulfillement =  sum(totalweight)/Forecast

unkisoN_1-1615821373071.png

I had some problems with the Fulfillment so i decided to make the expression simple and make it just "=Forecast".

Now as you can see in 2015, there is only one line which shows the correct Forecast in 2015 with "n.a."

The rest is not shown correctly.

What should i do so that the Expression "Forecast" is the same as the Dimension "Forecast" ?

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You likely have more than one Forecast value for this DImension(s), so you will need an aggregation. 

Sum(Forecast)

-Rob

unkisoN
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @rwunderlich 

i tried this as well but the problem is then i have everywhere "0" and also the Text "n.a." should not be summed up and needs to be shown as text

MayilVahanan

HI @unkisoN 

Try like below

If(MaxString(Forecast) = 'n.a', MaxString(Forecast), Sum(Forecast))

or

If((Forecast) = 'n.a', (Forecast), Sum(Forecast))

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
unkisoN
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @MayilVahanan 

both did not work ...

unkisoN_0-1615884179641.png

I have tried now =aggr(Forecast, ItemCode)

Now i get better results for the columns "no data" but still there are some missing values...

marcus_sommer

It seems that your datamodel isn't really suitable for your wanted view. It looked a bit like a cartesian structure with having a year-field as vertical dimension as well as horizontal dimension whereby not existing values became NULL.

You may try to overcome respectively to ignore the dimensional context with a TOTAL statement, like:

concat(TOTAL <Dim1, Dim2> Forecast, ' + ')

whereby Dim1 and Dim2 are just placeholder because you want surely not ignore every dimensionality else only certain ones.

If this didn't work like you expect it I suggest to rethink the entire approach - because that the chart displayed NULL respectively their replacement with '-' isn't wrong because there aren't any data.

- Marcus