Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression Overview crashes

Hi,

I'm new to Qlikview so I'm pretty certain I have done something to create this problem myself, however I have a document in which whenever I attempt open the Expression Overview (using either the menu of shortcut keys) Qlikview freezes. Any ideas? Is there somewhere I can post the file? This doesn't happen when I'm in other files...

Regards,

Rob

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Laurent @lschSopra,

That's good news, and you raise good points about using Expression Overview. (Friend, my reply to this thread, including crash vs freeze, wasn't intended to be aimed at you directly; I meant to contribute to the conversation so I apologize for the mixup.) I will have to look more into this "left side expression in a ListBox" you speak of. Thanks for writing!

D.Will, ATP Engineering

Not applicable
Author

Argh, this issue has not been resolved totally : the menu freezed once (out of around 10-15 times) today and I can't reproduce the problem.

So pray before opening the menu (and save your document, It should be more useful)

Laurent,

PS : the LB expressions are not on the left but on the right. My mistake ...

johanfo2
Creator
Creator

I can confirm that this problem still exists in QlikView 10 SR3

Not applicable
Author

I can confirm that its still an issue in SR3 too, although it seems that it does work partially if you open Expression Overview straight after you have opened the QVW file

johanfo2
Creator
Creator

Strange thing this isn't fixed yet!  Should be a trivial thing to track down, when it is so consistent and frequent.

JF

Not applicable
Author

@ D.Will, ATP Engineering

Thanks this helped me save my 3 hr task.