Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression Question

Hi all,

I'm a bit challenged finding the correct expression for an assignment.  I have attached a sample file to illustrate my problem.

Basically, I have a set of 12 orders in a table called ORDERS.  Seven of the orders have delays in a table called ORDER_DELAY.

Delays can be either BUS or CLNT.  ORDER_CDE is the key..

I need to be able to create a chart that shows all orders including ones with BUS delays but NOT CLNT delays.  Please let me know an expression that will work.  Even if I  choose "select excluded' on the CLN T delay, it only brings back the 3 CUS delays but not the full result I am looking for.  I've been stumped for several hours.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Don Saluga

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Or this:

Count({<ORDER_CDE = {"=Delay <> 'CLNT' "}>} ORDER_CDE)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this:

Capture.PNG

Count(If(Delay <> 'CLNT', ORDER_CDE))

sunny_talwar

Or this:

Count({<ORDER_CDE = {"=Delay <> 'CLNT' "}>} ORDER_CDE)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks again Sunny! I think you've helped me in the past. Can you please explain your logic?  That's a bit tricky.

sunny_talwar

Straight set analysis seems to misbehave when you have nulls due to the interaction of two tables. They are actually not nulls, but they are missing entries. So, something like this Delay -= {'CLNT'} won't work because Delay = Null doesn't even exists. But when we use a search string =Delay <> 'CLNT' against out unique identifier field ORDER_CDE we see the results. This is because we do have ORDER_CDE where Delay <> 'CLNT' and these includes places were we don't have any Delay information.

Does that make sense?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much. I think you enlightened the community as well.  Good work. Thanks again for the fast service.

sunny_talwar

I am glad I was able to help you out Don

Best,

Sunny