Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression field as filter

Hallo my friends,

im QV beginner and i need your good advice:

My example:

In datasheet i have these columns (department,sure name...text,target and reality...numeric value)

Then there´s built a classic table in QV with all named fields. Now i want to create a filter condition above this table - i create a new listbox - a new displayed field by expression = If ([target]>[reality],'NO','YES') ....then i expected,that when i select for example YES,a table shows me all rows,where´s condition satisfied.

But it doesn´t work,because a table shows me only the first row with name in sequence and as i wrote,i need to see all rows by the chosen condition

There must be something wrong in my expression;-)

Thanks a lot for your help

Jarda

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

just create the same logic in the script instead of doing it in the list box hope that solves your problem. for example if (Target>[Reality] , 'NO', 'YES') as DISP_FLAG.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I suggest that you add a status value to your model to indicate your condition.

In the script, in the LOAD statement for the table, add the line:

If(target > reality, 'No', 'Yes') As MetTarget,

After reloading the table, you can add a list box for MetTarget that will contain Yes and No values, and it should also select the rows accordingly.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thanks guys,

according to your advices it´s better,a table shows me all rows. But now i tried it use practicly and when i write this function the table loads me incorrect rows. It´´s simply formula to compare two sums parameters and then follows conrete action. I don´t know why it doesn´t work,there must be a mistake in spots,because when i reduce formula to one parameter vs. second parameter = it works correctly

Thanks a lot guys:-)

If

(([Mobilní volání]+[Internet v mobilu]+[Internet domů]+(CDMA)+[Car control]+[Klapka zam.(GSM brána + klapka)])>([Limit na car control]+[Limit na CDMA]+[Limit na internet domů]+[Limit na internet v mobilu]+[Limit na klapku (pevná+gsm brána)]+[Limit na mobilní volání]),'Limit v celkové sumě překročen', 'Limit v celkové sumě nepřekročen')as MetTarget