Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression filter

Hi,

I have one straight table chart with PO Number, Order Amt,, Open Invoice Amt, Paid Invoice Amt and an expression called Discrepancy Amt with formula (Open Invoice Amt - Closed Invoice Amt). I have second straight table chart with Invoice and Open Invoice Amt and Paid Invoice Amt. I want to achieve 2 things.

1) I want to select the PO Number with my expression being Positive or Negative by click of a button

2) As I filter on the PO Number from my first chart its associated invoice should automatically get filtered on the second chart.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can try adding another action to each button, place the new action before the Selection action you've created.

Create an action to clear all selections or clear selection in field PO Number.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Provide few lines of sample or dummy data... I have created similar application in past...

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can try something like this:

Create a button chart object with action Selection - Select in field titled 'Selection of positive Discrepancy Amt'

field name is PO Number

search string is

=([Open Invoice Amt] - [Closed Invoice Amt]) > 0

Similar for a button with negative Amts. This will select the PO Numbers according to the Disc. Amt, and the selections should automatically be reflected in your second chart, too.

Not applicable
Author

Sample file attached

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Your idea worked with small glitch. When I have 2 buttons only the second click of the button gives me expected results.

Thanks

Venkatachalam.N

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can try adding another action to each button, place the new action before the Selection action you've created.

Create an action to clear all selections or clear selection in field PO Number.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks and it works now.