Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielnevitt
Creator
Creator

Expression help

Hi,

I have the below expression that I would like to make absolute.  For example rather than netting the pos_lots, I would like the absolute sum.  Is this possible?

Sum(If(trade_dt >='$(vYesterday)',pos_lots))

Also I have the below expression and I would like to add to the expression to only show values greater than 0.10.  Is this possible as well?

Count(if (OrderStatus='Cancelled',OrderStatus))/Count(TOTAL <OriginatorUserID> OrderStatus)

Regards,

Daniel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this for the 1st requirement

Sum(If(trade_dt >='$(vYesterday)', fabs(pos_lots)))

2nd requirement

If(Count(if (OrderStatus='Cancelled',OrderStatus))/Count(TOTAL <OriginatorUserID> OrderStatus) > 0.10,

Count(if (OrderStatus='Cancelled',OrderStatus))/Count(TOTAL <OriginatorUserID> OrderStatus))

View solution in original post

24 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this for the 1st requirement

Sum(If(trade_dt >='$(vYesterday)', fabs(pos_lots)))

2nd requirement

If(Count(if (OrderStatus='Cancelled',OrderStatus))/Count(TOTAL <OriginatorUserID> OrderStatus) > 0.10,

Count(if (OrderStatus='Cancelled',OrderStatus))/Count(TOTAL <OriginatorUserID> OrderStatus))

syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

for 2nd requirement, try this

qlik.png

hope helpful

danielnevitt
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny.

For the 2nd expression, would it be possible to add variable dates?  ie so I can set the expression between Date 1 and Date 2?

Regards,

Daniel

sunny_talwar

Not sure what is the condition going to look at. Would you be able to share more details?

danielnevitt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

Sorry I probably wasn't clear.  I would like to add the variable vYesterday to both parts of the 2nd Expression.

Regards,

Daniel

sunny_talwar

May be something like this:

If(Count({<Date = {"$(vYesterday)"}>} if(OrderStatus='Cancelled',OrderStatus))/Count({<Date = {"$(vYesterday)"}>} TOTAL <OriginatorUserID> OrderStatus) > 0.10,

Count({<Date = {"$(vYesterday)"}>} if(OrderStatus='Cancelled',OrderStatus))/Count({<Date = {"$(vYesterday)"}>}TOTAL <OriginatorUserID> OrderStatus))

danielnevitt
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny, I have managed to resolve this issue.

Last question I have, is it possible to set the expression to use the date from another field?

The attached screen shot shows 'Date' field with values 15/04/2016, 18/04/2016 and 19/04/2016.

The 'Expression' field is: Sum(If(trade_dt >='$(vYesterday)', fabs(pos_lots)))

Is it possible to replace vYesterday with the date from the Date field?

Thanks,

Daniel

sunny_talwar

Not sure, but may be try this:

Sum({<trade_dt = p(Date)>}fabs(pos_lots))

danielnevitt
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny, unfortunately that didn't work.

Is it possible to show the sum of the absolute pos_lots when the trade_dt is less than or equal to the Date field?

Thanks,

Daniel