Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dumbala_reddy
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Expressions stored in variables are not getting caluculated in QS dashboard..Can someone please help

Expressions stored in variables are not getting caluculated in QS dashboard..Can someone please help to resolve the issue. If I remove variable and paste actual expression its working. But when I place the variable in place of expression its not working. Please help.

6 Replies
Thiago_Justen_

Give us more detailed information, please. For instance: What is the expression you are using in UI? What are the variables? How do you calculate them?

Remember the syntax when you calculate variables while scripting: Let variablename=expression

Into the expression you should write something like this:

Sum({<field={"$(=variablename)"}>}value)

Thiago Justen Teixeira Gonçalves
Farol BI
WhatsApp: 24 98152-1675
dumbala_reddy
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Thiago,

I am loading all variables and expressions from a excel sheet using a for loop.

I have verified and found that they are loading properly (as I can see them in QS) but in the front end my dashboard is showing all zeros instead of some value when I use variable.

Please help.

Thiago_Justen_

Are you able to share your qvf file?

Thiago Justen Teixeira Gonçalves
Farol BI
WhatsApp: 24 98152-1675
dumbala_reddy
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Thiago,

I cannot share the qvf file as it contains confidential data.

qlikpritamdeb
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,
After loading the variable are you able to see it in the dashboard when you click on the variable icon(Bottom Left side)?
If yes, then write the expression as =$(v_test)
If no then please explain the scenario in detail like what are steps you have done.
dumbala_reddy
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Pritam,

Yes, I can see all my expressions in variables when I clicked on bottom side left.

For instance I am fetching variable names and its expressions using a excel sheet.

For example:

Variables name is : v_RecoRchg_Actual

Expression is : SUM({<Significant_Item_Filter={'$(vSignificantItemFilter)'},Date_Num={'$(vMaxMiDate)'},Period={'$(vPeriod)'},Metric_Level={'Leaf'},Type={'Actual'},Cost_Head3_Display={'Direct Costs'}>}Amount)

While entering in expression editor: $(v_RecoRchg_Actual) also tried =$(v_RecoRchg_Actual)

But my expression result is 0 instead of some value. But if I put actual expression I can see some value.