cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expressions values to store in variable

Hi All,

I need help...

I have a table with 2 fields – Count1, Date1.

I have 2 expressions which will give me Month & Year based on some other logic. Through this Month & Year I need to show in my text box as below:

Sum of monthly Count1 / Sum of Total records Count1 * 100 & ‘%’

Here is my expressions to get Month:

=IF(GetSelectedCount([Date]) > 0 ,Month([Date]),
IF(GetSelectedCount(Year) = 0 and GetSelectedCount(Month) = 0, Month(Today()),
IF(GetSelectedCount(Year) > 0 and GetSelectedCount(Year) = Year(Today()), Month(Today()),
IF(GetSelectedCount(Year) > 0 and GetSelectedCount(Year) < Year(Today()), SubField('$(MonthNames)',';',Max(Month))))))

To Get Year:

=IF(GetSelectedCount([Date]) > 0 ,Year([Date]),
IF(GetFieldSelections(Year)<Year(Today()),Year,Year(Today())))

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

12 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Can you please elaborate little more?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Manish,

I have a table with 2 fields - Count1 & Date1.

I have to get total of Count1 by month & Year where as month & year = above expressions.

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

anbu1984
Master III
Master III

vMth - Month expression

vYr - Year expression

=count({<Month={$(vMth)},Year={$(vYr)}>}Field1)

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Create Two Variables

vMonth

=IF(GetSelectedCount([Date]) > 0 ,Month([Date]),
IF(GetSelectedCount(Year) > 0 and GetSelectedCount(Year) = Year(Today()), Month(Today()),
IF(GetSelectedCount(Year) > 0 and GetSelectedCount(Year) < Year(Today()),SubField('$(MonthNames)',';',Max(Month))))))

vYear

=IF(GetSelectedCount([Date]) > 0 ,Year([Date]),
IF(GetFieldSelections(Year)<Year(Today()),Year,Year(Today())))

SUM({<Month = {'$(vMonth)'}, Year = {'$(vYear)'}>}Count1)/SUM(TOTAL {<Month = {'$(vMonth)'}, Year = {'$(vYear)'}>}Count1)

Try vMonth and vYear both way... i.e. with = from expression start and without = also.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anbu & Manish,

Thanks a lot

Seems it is working, I have to display the data for another previous 3 months as well.

.e.g. I choose DEC. I needs to show totals in 4 text boxes for Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec (this is done).

Do I needs to create 4 different Month variables and can I do -1 to get the previous total?

Is it correct?

=num(TextCount({<Month = {'$_1(vMonth)'}, Year = {'$(vYear)'}>}Topic) / count(count1) , '#.00 %')

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You can do it both ways... Either create six variable or create 2 only and change accordingly in Set Analysis

Not applicable
Author

Hi Manish,

is this correct for previous 3 months?

=num(TextCount({<Month = {'$_1(vMonth)'}, Year = {'$(vYear)'}>}Topic) / count(count1) , '#.00 %')

=num(TextCount({<Month = {'$_2(vMonth)'}, Year = {'$(vYear)'}>}Topic) / count(count1) , '#.00 %')

=num(TextCount({<Month = {'$_3(vMonth)'}, Year = {'$(vYear)'}>}Topic) / count(count1) , '#.00 %')

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Current Month

=SubField('$(MonthNames)',';',IF(GetSelectedCount([Invoice Date]) > 0 ,Month([Invoice Date]),

IF(GetSelectedCount(Year) > 0 and GetSelectedCount(Year) < Year(Today()),Max(Month))))))

Last Month

=SubField('$(MonthNames)',';',IF(GetSelectedCount([Invoice Date]) > 0 ,Month([Invoice Date]),

IF(GetSelectedCount(Year) > 0 and GetSelectedCount(Year) < Year(Today()),Max(Month)))))-1)

2nd Last Month

IF(GetSelectedCount(Year) > 0 and GetSelectedCount(Year) < Year(Today()),Max(Month)))))-2)

But you need make sure that this would not be enough to give you answer... Let me clarify bit more...

Consider that you have selected Year 2014 and Month Jan...

Now you want the result for Jan 2014, Dec 2013 and Nov 2013....

Not applicable
Author

Hi Manish,

Yes, you assumption is correct. Needs to display results as Jan 2014, Dec 2013, Nov 2013, Oct 2013.

Hence Can I do this way for 4 months?

=num(TextCount({<Month = {'$(vMonth)'}, Year = {'$(vYear)'}>}Topic) / count(count1) , '#.00 %')

=num(TextCount({<Month = {'$_2(vMonth)'}, Year = {'$(vYear)'}>}Topic) / count(count1) , '#.00 %')

=num(TextCount({<Month = {'$_3(vMonth)'}, Year = {'$(vYear)'}>}Topic) / count(count1) , '#.00 %')