Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denwo2010
Creator
Creator

Extensions Location

Hi,

I was told the QliKVIew Extensions would be stored on the Server at the below locations?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Document

have installed the attached Extension but cannot find anything stored in the above?

The path location only goes up the below

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

The folder name "Extensions" "Objects" "Documents" are not created?

Any ideas as to why this is or where else it could possibly be stored?

Thanks

12 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You need to manually create the folders with those names and then put the extension in there.

Not applicable

Hi Denis,

For each Extension added to the QV Desktop will create a folder in the C:\Documents and Settings\Users \ AppData \ Local \ QlikTech \ QlikView \ Extensions \ Objects \;

To install your Extensions on the QlikView Server, you will need and Extension Folder are copied to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects.

Thanks,

Shekar.

denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

So when I opened the Document previously and it says "In total 4 files in 1 directories where installed" as per the attached screen shot  "GeoQlikInstall.png", where does it install from there?

So if i create the extra folders and then reopen the QlikTech.qvw do you think it will store the files in the correct location?

Thanks

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Denis as below.  Double clicking the .qar file will install the extensions to the desktop software under:

C:\Documents and Settings\Users \ AppData \ Local \ QlikTech \ QlikView \ Extensions \ Objects \;

You can now use the extension in the desktop as long as you are in 'web view' mode.

When you publish to the server, copy the Extensions folder from above to the server location (actual location can change depending on the OS) :

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

Or you can manually create the extensions\objects path under qlikviewserver and copy and paste directly from the objects folder above into the newly created objects folder.

denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, I have done that now, but when I view the Document via access point I cannot see the chart? Any reason why this would be? Thanks

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

perhaps share a screenshot of your folder structure (expanded) showing the location of the extension files.

denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Attached is the folder structure I have..

Thanks

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The name of the extensions are missing in each

..\extensions\objects\<objectextensionname>\   

..\extensions\document\<documentextensionname>\

the .js and .xml files and other files relating to the extension should be within the folder.

that way you can have multiple extensions on the server without filename collisions. in the desktop location check the folders for the names and replicate the folder structure... or else paste the folder structure of the desktop location.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

There are two types of extensions:

1) Document : Are installed into c:\Users\[youruser]\appdata\local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Document. They are activated into your Document Settings

2) Objects : Are installed into c:\Users\[youruser]\appdata\local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects. They are used as an usual object (graph or list box)

make sure you have installed extension on the below paths.

Windows 7:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Document

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Local Settings\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects

C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Local Settings\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Document

Windows Server 2008:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Document

Windows Server 2003:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Document

Regards

ASHFAQ