Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elie_issa
Creator II
Creator II

FTP-Connection Failed

Dear All,

Please advise why when i am trying to connect to the ftp through Qlikview it's giving the below error while the link to the FTP with username and password is working fine outside the Qlikview script.

FTP error.png

15 Replies
diego_vazquez
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I use this sentence to load files from the ftp. Hope it helps:

[ftp://user:pass@ip_or_domain/path/file.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [table_name]);

Not applicable

I can't add any extension, I've tried many extension types but each time QV tells me that "cannot open the file"

it's not csv, neither txt ...

and dont think it's the port cause in any other way I can see the files, but I will ask

Not applicable

that's why I think its an extension missing problem... or find a syntax that QV can see directly from ftp.. but I've tried all...

4 access to ftp.png

marcus_sommer

Try to load this file manually without using the wizard:

table:

load * From [ftp://user:password@YourFTPServer.com/YourFolder/YourFile] (txt);

- Marcus

Not applicable

already tried many times, not working, it can't find the file

in the pic, right low corner, QV cant see any file in the ftp folder...

so even if I force it manually, it cannot open it...

LOAD @1,

@2,

@3

FROM

[ftp://user:password@111.222.333.444/VENTAS.20160622]

(txt);

tried with many extensions and not working!

marcus_sommer

I had had never any problem with accessing files per ftp and therefore I think that something is blocking the access from qlikview to these file per ftp. I think you should check the ports - maybe there people in your company which could assist you in tracing the ftp-call and/or looking in settings/logs from firewall and group policies.

An alternatively could be to copy these files per batch to a local storage which had also further advantages that you could now use filefunctions like filetime() or loading files per wildcard which aren't supported by the ftp-protocol:

Re: For Each File in Filelist - FTP load is not working?

- Marcus