Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to load & Failed to open document

I am no longer able to open a Qlikview document I've been working on a for a couple weeks. It's due date is now fast approaching, and I am now very nervous now about losing all the work I've done, but whenever I try to open the file (with or without data) Qlikview tells me

1) "The document failed to load"

2) "Failed to open document".

I've tried right clicking the file and opening "without data", as well as via the command line option to open with /nodata

I've tried setting the ApplicationRescue to 1, along with the ScriptRescue to 1 (confirmed as 1 by the Help - Document Support Info screen)

My license is leased from our qlikview server (which I released and re-leased in an effort to resolve this issue) and according to the same Document Support Info screen, will expire in approx 1 month, on 2013-11-19

I've rebooted many, many times.

I have encountered this issue before, though not always, and opening "without data" seemed to do the trick. However, not this time, sadly.

Document was created in Qlikview Client Build 11.00.11282.0409 - now attempting to open it in the same version/installation, which worked fine yesterday as recently as yesterday.

Today I discovered the Settings - User Prefs - Design - "Always Use Logfiles for New Docs" however the document in question was created before I checked that box.

Desperate for help with this, please Qlikview. Please, anyone.

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Ok, thanks for the info Marcus. I did have a second copy of the file, but it also failed to open. I've now started saving new separate files for each day.

Thanks again for your efforts and time.

mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, the same issue has happened to me so I was hoping this thread would have a solution

Lesson of the day "backup, copy, backup, copy" doh!