Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Failed to open Qlikview Document - Qlikview personal edition

Dear Community,

is There a kind soul that can help me to restore my Qlik Personal Edition files on my new 64bit computer?

They where created on a 32bit old computer, I used the 4 licence attempts to open them,

I succeed, but the day after, I get this message: failed to open the file.

I pratically lost years of work....

Any suggestion?

/Cristiano

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

In fact, This won't restore. And Qlik said that, When you do experiment you must take that backup

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Anil is correct. Personal Edition only works for files you have created and not shared, not even with another user of yours in the same computer.

The only way to get access to those files is to get a valid license.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Guys,

the problem is not about that, but the fact that I could open the file on day 1 and the day after I could not open it again!

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

That is actually the problem, the software warns clearly about the 4 uses for applications not created with that very installation QlikView Desktop, after exhausting which, you will need a licensed copy of the software to be able to open the app again.

As mentioned above, every time you open a file (that one or any other one) that you created in a different QlikView Desktop installation (even in another account in the same laptop or with the same account but in a different laptop) uses one of those 4 attempts.

So now you need to purchase a valid license to be able to open the file again.