Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amruta_j
Partner - Contributor III

Fetching data from website

Hello All,

I need help in fetching data from website. I want to extract data from below link:

http://www.tablebuilder.singstat.gov.sg/publicfacing/createDataTable.action?refId=12371

When I'm extracting data from this link, I can see variables as @1, @2, but cannot see the data.

Capture1.PNG

I'm not sure what is the problem.

Thank You in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think this table on the internet is too complex to be handled by the simple Web Files filter that is builtin into the Script Engine. Most of this table is generated by selections and complex JavaScript code, and you may have to create your own import filter to handle its contents in a decent way.

As an alternative, have a look at the Qlik Web Connectors - Qlik Connectors to see whether they can be of assistance.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
amruta_j
Author

Someone please help me. This link is not giving me data for selected variables.

Thanks in advance.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

This is not the Files attachment share point link. And this is just web site using HTML script.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think this table on the internet is too complex to be handled by the simple Web Files filter that is builtin into the Script Engine. Most of this table is generated by selections and complex JavaScript code, and you may have to create your own import filter to handle its contents in a decent way.

As an alternative, have a look at the Qlik Web Connectors - Qlik Connectors to see whether they can be of assistance.

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

May be you could copy the website content to an excel file by macro and then load the excel file in QV Script.

See attached qvw for solution