Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Field not found - field exists in QVD but fails upon reload

I am loading a QVD file into  my script which generates a field not found error. Manually checking the QVD, I can find the field, the spelling matches and so does the case.

I copied the same code snippet out of a larger multi-tabbed loading script, and pasted the error generating script into a new Qlikview application. The code just runs fine! I have tried preceding load, and have tried to recreate the tab just for the sake of it.

Please help.

Code Snippet:

[GRN_Temp]:

LOAD [GRN Material No],

[GRN Line Item],

[GRN Movement Type],

[GRN Plant],

[GRN Storage Location],

[GRN DebitCreditRatio],

[GRN Qty],

[GRN AmountLC], 

GRN.PostingYear,

GRN.PostingMonth,

[GRN No], 

[GRN MaterialName],

if([GRN DebitCreditRatio]='H',[GRN Qty]*-1,[GRN Qty]) as [Qty]

FROM

GRNT.QVD(qvd)

where 1=1 and

[GRN Movement Type]='311' and

match([GRN Plant],'PS01','PS02','PS03','PS04','PS05','PS06','TN01','TN02','DN01')

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

just in case someone bumps into the same problem. I figured out that it was being caused by section access for no apparent reason. I had admin rights and all of the QVD loads before this snippet was working fine. I then shifted the section access to the end of load script and it started to work.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

How to do without cristal-bowl?

If you use really the same snipplet, without doing any modification, it should work.

Suggest to recheck your script again

Not applicable
Author

Yes, same snippet, different results.

I suspect its an SR issue.

Not applicable
Author

just in case someone bumps into the same problem. I figured out that it was being caused by section access for no apparent reason. I had admin rights and all of the QVD loads before this snippet was working fine. I then shifted the section access to the end of load script and it started to work.

Cheers.

RonaldDoes
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Maybe the relative path to the QVD that is non-relative (or correct) in your new QVW, but incorrect in the original QVW?

prieper
Master II
Master II

Sectionaccess should not influence the loading of qvd.

It may influence the display of the data, once reopened the application.

Not applicable
Author

Strangely, this was the case. I had the same understanding but somehow commenting my section access code removed the error.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I had the same issue. When I cut and paste the code into a different QVW it was working, but when I tried it in my main application with Section Access, I was getting Field not found.

I figured out finally what was happening...

I had forgotten to end the Section Access part with the

Section Application;

statement

Once i added this to the end of Section Access it worked fine

kk1303314
Contributor
Contributor

same issue here.

I used REST API so it is impossible to be "field not found" because the script generated automatically.

but when I created a new app and used exact same script, it works