Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Field value-specific QVD load while keeping optimised load

Hi,

I am using 3 different QVDs, each one of which corresponds to a different time period of data – day, week and month (I need 3 separate QVDs due to data interdependencies).

Each QVD is loaded on 2 separate applications that correspond to Product A and B with simple load statement:

LOAD *
FROM
..\QVDs\WeeklyCube.qvd
(
qvd);

For app e.g. “Product A, Weekly”, can I change the app script to only load data for Product A (and not for both products) from Weekly QVD without compromising the optimised QVD load? I am currently using set analysis and if clauses within the app to filter Product A but I suspect the app will become much lighter if I could do a product-specific load.

Thank you
Panos

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Assuming your qvd file actually contains a field name Product_Name you can do this:

Temp:

LOAD * INLINE [

Product_name

A

];

MyTable:

LOAD *

FROM

..\QVDs\WeeklyCube.qvd (qvd)

Where Exists (Product_name);

Drop Table Temp;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

A where filter will probably cause a non-optimised load. See this blog post: http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-optimised-qvd-loads/

Where exists doesn't do that so you could create a small inline table with only Product A as value and then use a where exists clause referencing that table.

Not applicable
Author

Great, thank you so much.

As my knowledge around app development is limited, could you possibly have a go on the script? Would it look like that? Thanks again

LOAD *

FROM

..\QVDs\WeeklyCube.qvd

(qvd);

LOAD * INLINE [

Product_name

A

]

Where Exists (Product_name, 'A');

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Assuming your qvd file actually contains a field name Product_Name you can do this:

Temp:

LOAD * INLINE [

Product_name

A

];

MyTable:

LOAD *

FROM

..\QVDs\WeeklyCube.qvd (qvd)

Where Exists (Product_name);

Drop Table Temp;

Not applicable
Author

Superb!!! Thank you ever so much!

File size has gone down by a quarter and I can simplify the design script to run it even faster.

Unfortunately, I cannot reload the app on my local machine and I have no licence on the server to check the load progress dialogue. But judging from the speed it was loaded, I should be safe.