Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

FieldIndex values change after updating data set?

Hi everyone

I have a problem with understanding how the FieldIndex-funcion works.

I have made a QV-application, where I used a line chart to show some data based on a variable faculty.

The variable always has 5 different values - because of 5 faculties.

In the colors tab in the line chart I used my predefines colors to control the colors:

$(vGrafFarve1), $(vGrafFarve2),...,$(vGrafFarve5)

I also used the "use persistent colors" to make sure, that the faculties hold their value, when filtering the data on faculty in a list box.

When I made the application I noticed  that the faculty of ex. humanities always had the value of $(vGrafFarve2).

Therefore I could make this categorization to my line charts:

(The dots hold the calculated colors $(vGrafFarve1),...,$(vGrafFarve5)).

fakultet.png

Now I'm updating the application with the newest data and find that the colors in the line charts doesn't match my categories shown above any longer?

I have read that it has something to do with how Qlikview reads the dimension values.

I checked the FieldIndex value on my 5 faculty values in the faculty variable before and after the update of the application.

I found that 3 of the 5 values had changed Fieldindex value, which obviously explains why my categorization doesn't match the colors in the line charts any longer.

But now I would like to understand my the FieldIndex values changed, just because I loaded data for the newest year into the application? The faculty variable still only has 5 different values - and they still have the same names?

I would like to understand it, so I don't have the same problem the next time I have to update the application.

Kind regards

Maria

0 Replies