Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Fieldname() function causing trouble - was working already

Hi,

I am just building an app that is actually like one I had already, only based on a new list with a new layout.

The columns in this list are fixed up to column 36 (AJ) which is labeled "Betriebsstunden April 2015".

At this point, one new column will be added every month -> there will be 8 more coming.

I have a loop (that I had in the old vrs. and that was working fine there) that does the following:

- All the columns from 36 to 44 (8 more months to go) are parsed.

- Each one is assigned a fieldname (using that function in QlikView) like >v_field_37<

- Depending on the fieldname, it is assigned one of two alias_names

- either > dummy_37 < (if there is no relevant data)

- or sth. like > BS_May_15 < (if there is)

The problem is, now the fieldname() function (which I wrap into square brackets, like

>> chr(91)& Fieldname($(i), 'Masterliste_Stapler_64')&chr(93) <<

returns an empty string.

=> The remainder of the loop of course cannot work correctly.

The field nr. 37 would be labeled >> operating hours <<, so the square brackets should do, no?

Can someone help me here? It used to work just like that, so I'm a bit dumbfounded now.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

This is done 😉

I compared what I have now to my old code and realized I have to load all the column_headers first.

Easy once you have found out - like Columbus'  egg 😉

View solution in original post

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

This is done 😉

I compared what I have now to my old code and realized I have to load all the column_headers first.

Easy once you have found out - like Columbus'  egg 😉