Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Fill empty cells in field

Hi all,

I have a file with a field 'Code internal/external', but some cells are blank. An example is shown below.

Portfolio 1Portfolio 2Portfolio 3Code internal/external
AInternal
BBInternal
CCCC
DExternal
CCBla

I want to fill the empty cells in the field internal/external according to an excel file, not by inserting portfolio names in the script since in reality the portfolios have complex names. Therefore everything has to go through the excel file. The excel file looks something like below:

Portfolio 1Portfolio 2Portfolio 3Internal/external
AAAAAAInternal
BBBBBBInternal
CCCCCCExternal
DDDDDDExternal

Is it possible to fill the blank cells in the first table according to the excel file? In this case, portfolio 1 2 or 3 signifies whether it is internal or external.

In addition, some fields are filled with nonsense names. I want to substitute names other than Internal or External according to the excel file. In above case, this is 'Bla'.

Thank you in advance.

Lance

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

we can use alternate logic,

Ex:

PFA

Here I have taken Excel like data as below,

EXCEL:

LOAD * INLINE [

p1, p2, Flag

A, QQ, IV

B, AA, IV

B, PP, NV

C, CC, IV

];

And Your Main Table Missing data as below,

Test:

LOAD * INLINE [

p1, p2, Flag

A, , IV

, AA, IV

B, , NV

C, CC,

];

Please find solution you can create Key for both table & after that just join the table..

please provide your sample data if you can here else email at harshal.patil457@gmail.com

Regards,

Harshal