Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filter from an expression in a chart

I have an expression called Passing in a straight table chart. The expression is:

Maxstring({<[Field1]={1},[Field2]={2},[Date1]={">=$(v_Period1) <=$(v_Period2)"},[Field3]={'YES'}>} [Field4})

Field4 always equals yes. Therefore, if the above set analysis conditions are met, Yes or Null are returned. Null Symbol under presentation is set as No.

This expression needs to be dynamic because v_Period1 and v_Period2 are variables calculated from Min and Max statements that need to change when filtering by department for example.

Our users want to be able to filter the Passing coulmn in the straight table chart to see either No or Yes. I have tried several different things (including an expression in a list box) but cannot make this work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Drew Collins

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes I have. Since Field4 is always Yes, the result of the if statement is always Yes.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What's the actual output you have right now, can you atatch an image? Since you can't share the document

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Well it depends on your data(model). Assuming that you have an id your data somewhere use

=Aggr(If(Field4='Yes','Yes','No'),Id)

It will select Id's accordingly

Not applicable
Author

I put the set analysis statement in as in an if statement. Using the Aggr with ID, it appears to work! Thank you.