Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filter records in Chart on aggregate count of records in the same table

I have a chart that shows are set of data filtered on a few pieces of logic.

In addition, I would like to filter so that I only keep records that meet some logic related to aggregate traits of the filtered data.

For example, when I aggregate the filtered data, I get the following results

Company     Record Count

AAA               25

BBB               100

CCC               150

DDD                50

I would like to filter the underlying data to only keep data where the aggregate record count is  <= 50.  So the underlying data only displays AAA and DDD records.

Any help would be really appreciated.

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be like this

If(Expression <= 50, Expression)

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

What is your expression used to get this record count? Try using set analysis to get < 50. If you can share some sample data would be easy to work on.

With your current example data you can do something like

Expr: = Sum({< RecordCount = {'<=50'} >}RecordCount)

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the responses.

I can successfully filter my aggregate table with an IF statement and suppress zero values, so I have a table that looks like this:

Company     Record Count

AAA               25

DDD                50

In actuality, it has several other Calculated Dimensions that I use to test logic, so the real table looks like this:

Company     Logic1          Logic2          Record Count

AAA                Y                    Y                       25

DDD                Y                    Y                       50

But I cannot see how to filter the original data table (with 50+) so that it only has records with AAA and DDD.   I can do it manually - if I use my mouse to highlight the Company column in the filtered aggregate table, Qlik applies the Company filter to the original data, but I cannot seem to do it programmatically.

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Lyon,

In script try something like:

DataTable: //Your fact table

Load

From ....

Inner Join(DataTable)

Load

Company

Where RecCnt <=50;

Load

Company,

Count(RecordID) as RecCnt

Resident DataTable

Group by Company;

Instead of an inner join you could use a similar script to create a mapping table then use that to add a flag to your data.

Or in the front end

You can put set analysis into all your expressions or use a calculated dimension:

Aggr(If(Count(RecordID) <=50, CompanyID),CompanyID)

Use that dimension in a chart, label it as CompanyID and set it to Suppress When Value Is Null in the Dimensions tab.

Cheers

Andrew