Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filter table or other layout object based on specific state

Hopefuly a simple one but as I work my way through the manual and examples I cannot see how to achieve this. Let's say I have a dashboard of say customer data and there is of course at any point in time some current state. I'd like to be able to show a list of customers in a table box (or similar) but based on a specific set which may or may not match the current state - ie maybe jkust a list of new customers in the last six months? I can't see where/how I would define the set which applies to the object?

Thanks,

Tom

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use listboxes and multiboxes to select values in fields. It's also possible to click on dimension values in charts to select them. Once you've made all the selections that give you the result set you want you can create a bookmark for that selection state. That makes it easy to activate that selection again at a later point.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi thnaks but maybe I wasn;t clear enough in my question

Assume I want two tables to be shown and the data is a simple example, say customer name, country and date of last order. Assume also I have a multibox and can choose country. Table 1 can show all the customer names, their country and date of last order and should get filtered by the current selection. What I want for table 2 is say, a list of all the customers in France, regardless of the current selection. I appreciate I could choose the france set manually and save as a bookmark but am not clear how I would then set Table 2 to have its population set by that bookmark and would anyway prefer to set the scope of Table 2 using a set expression - is this possible?

Ta,

Tom

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You could maybe use Alternate States.

If you search this forum for it you will get plenty of hits.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You could use alternate states or you could create a bookmark, i.e. bmFrance, and use the bookmark in a set analysis expression. Sum(Amount) would become sum({bmFrance}Amount) to get the sum of Amount for only the countries you selected for the bookmark bmFrance. Or perhaps you can use a simpler option like sum({1<Country={'France'}>}Amount), the sum of Amount for the records where the value of the field Country is 'France'.

Not applicable
Author

See attached example - I guess I'm just trying to work out if it's possible to specify in a set expression the row level data that is shown in (some form of) a table. So by way of example in the attcahed, if I select France in the multibox TB1 should show just the customers from France but I'd like TB2 to show me data based on a different set (eg all countries - note this is a grossly simplified example!). Can't see any way to specify this though ... (the manual warns of using Alternate states etc and I had assumed that there was somewhere to specify the set that applies to the object)...

Tom

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Table boxes only contain dimensions, no expressions. If you want to use expressions you need another sheet object like a straight table.

If you want to use Alternate States then you first define the alternate states on the General tab of the Document Properties window. After creating the Alternate States you can then assign them to sheet objects on the General tab of the sheet objects properties window.

Not applicable
Author

So is this not possible?

Tom