Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtering rows based on multiple expressions

Hi

I have Dim1, Dim2, Dim3,Dim4, Expr1, Expr2, Expr3, Expr4,Expr5,Expr6,Expr7,Expr8.

I want to filter rows when Expr2 AND EXPR4 and EXPR6 is blank. I have set analysis in all these expressions.

I know I have to write isnull condition in all 8 expressions, but not sure how I formulate that particular expression.

Kindly help

Thanks

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am not sure, What are you trying to achieve here. But try a luck

Exp2 = {"Exp2=IsNull(Exp2)"}

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Kindly share sample data. Then only we can understand what u asking.

Thanks

avinashelite

if(len(Exp2)=0,0,Exp2) and suppress the zero value from the presentation tab . similarly follow the same approach for other expression as well

Not applicable
Author

Sample.JPG

I want to disable row 2 and row 4. I am ONLY concerned about Expression 2, 4 and 6 and not any other Expression

Not applicable
Author

Sample.JPG

I want to disable row 2 and row 4. I am ONLY concerned about Expression 2, 4 and 6 and not any other Expression

Not applicable
Author

Sample.JPG

rubenmarin

Hi, maybe adding a condition to any other expression?:

If(IsNull([Expr2Name]) and/or IsNull([Expr4Name]) and/or IsNull([Expr6Name]), Null(),

Expression1 //For expressions 1,3,5,7,8

)

and: true for row 4

or: true for rows 2 and 4

Not applicable
Author

Hi Priya,

Does your data contains Null values as 'null'? If so we cant use IsNull Expression because'null' is a text. We need to use calculated function where you need to give condition for each column. Or if your data contains blank fields you can do the following. Go to the Table properties tab and select Presentation. There select each field where you want to omit the blank fields and check the 'Omit Rows' box. Do that for all the remaining fields. I hope this helps you.omitting null values.PNG