Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtering two pivot tables with just one selection list

Hello

First at all, excuse my english.

I have a table of vendors, every vendor have a hired date (given by field fingdt) and not all vendors have a exit date (given by field fcxldt). I need to show how many vendors were hired and how many are not with us anymore in a specific year and month. I couldn't find a way to handle both countings in the same pivot table, so my first solution was create two pivot tables, first one (REGISTRO DE ALTAS) shows all hired vendors and the second one (REGISTRO DE BAJAS) will count all fired or resigned vendors. Without any kind of filter all my information is correct but I need to select a period or a ending month (ex. Sept, 2010) and get an acumulative count (an historic increase and decrease personnel). Using a selection list based on FINGDT my first pivot table is filtered correctly but the second one is not taking the current selection.

Also I tried to create a new field (YEAR-MONTH) and use it as dimension with set analysis formula (YEARMONTHCXL <= YEARMONTHING) without succesful.

I really appreciate any suggestion about how to create an acumulative count in both pivot tables using the same selection list or a way to handle both countings in a same pivot table. Maybe with the attached example my requirement will be more explicit.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't understand well your problem...

What I can say is:

You should not use the 2 auxiliary table, all the informations are in the TODO table.

The hired vendor are simply all the vendor, count vendor id

The working vendor I what aren't fired: (all the hired - all the vendor fired) all if you prefer all the vendors have firedate=NULL

Now selecting a range of hire date: fingdt you show the amount of vendor hired in that range and the amount of them that is working (or hired).