Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Financial Year calculation?

Our financial year goes from July 2012 to Jun 2013, so when someone captures a record, they'll put it for the financial year, which is 2013.

In my QV I need to now load the data for the current financial year, but I can't use something like "where Financial_Year = year(now()) + 1" because as soon as it's December moving over to January, the report will start looking for 2014 where it's still supposed to look for 2013.

I'm sharing a QVD with multiple reports (other people report off of the same data), so I put the where statement on the load thereof in the script section.

Is there any way I can format the Where clause to get the current financial year automatically?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try

where Financial_Year = year(yearstart(today(1),1,7));

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try

where Financial_Year = year(yearstart(today(1),1,7));

Not applicable
Author

Hi There,

Can I suggest using a lookup table in SQL, something like DayDate, FinancialYear, then in your SQL Statement, do an

INNER JOIN tblDateLookup AS DL

ON DL.DayDate = YOURTABLE.TransactionDate

Then you can do a WHERE statement

WHERE DL.FinancialYear = '2014'

That should do the trick. Even if you don't want to do it in SQL, do it as an inline table, as a hint, generate your dates and financial years by dragging columns down in excel. Hope this all makes sense,

Kind Regards,

Miles

Not applicable
Author

That would rely on someone manually updating the lookup table and/or excel spreadsheet, plus I'm working off of an already QVD file that gets data sources from more than 1 place (sql/excel etc) and transforms it into an equal playing field (because some people capture financial year 2012/13 and other 13 or even 2013)

Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll try swuehl's method, but I'm not sure how to test it other than waiting 4 months

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll try swuehl's method, but I'm not sure how to test it other than waiting 4 months

replace the today(1) with makedate(2013,1,1) or any other date...