Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III

Finding out the no of business days

Hello Guys,

I have to take the sum(Sales) and multiply it by the current working day in the month say today is Aug 5th but working day number is 3. and then divide it by the no of working days in the month which is for Aug 2015 it is 21 days so my equations should be like (Sum(sales)*3)/21.

is there a way i could find out the current working day number and also the no of working days in the month.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Maybe

=sum(Sales)  * (networkdays(monthstart(Today()),monthend(Today())) / networkdays(monthstart(Today()),Today())  )

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

=Sum(sales) * networkdays(monthstart(Today()),Today()) /  networkdays(monthstart(Today()),monthend(Today()))

Where:

networkdays(monthstart(Today()),Today())  -> current working day number

networkdays(monthstart(Today()),monthend(Today())) -> no of working days in the month.

You can change Today() for your Date Field

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

function:networkday

You need to use the Networkday function. This should help you out.

Regards

Andy

maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Clever- Thanks for the solution, It is actually working but it is giving wrong numbers, meaning that i have 815,438.

i wanted to do (815,435/4)*21 so i am doing

=(Sum(sales) /  networkdays(monthstart(Today()),monthend(Today())))* networkdays(monthstart(Today()),Today())

the answer should be 4,281,285 where as it is giving 155,330.  Where do you think am i doing it wrong.

thanks in advance.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Maybe

=sum(Sales)  * (networkdays(monthstart(Today()),monthend(Today())) / networkdays(monthstart(Today()),Today())  )

maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Perfect but can i know what is diff between both those expressions.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

It´s about math operators precedence.

* / are evaluated left to right with no precedence between then.

When I surround with "()" it forces QV (or Excel, etc) to evaluate one expression before other

maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Clever, I am trying to do a last year YTD sales expression and i am using the following expression

=SUM({<Year={'$(=(Max(Year)-1))'},Month=,Day=,Date={'<=$(=date(addyears(=day(max(Date)), -1), 'DD MMM YYYY'))'}}[Extended Price])

But the problem is it is giving full year but not YTD sales.

how to find out YTD last year. Thanks in advance.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

It would be simpler if you use flags to identify YTD,LYTD, MTD, and so on

Please read this blog post Qlik Design Blog and let me know if you have trouble into implementing it