Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Finding the final/first date in a quarter?

So I'm working on a project related to tenancies. I'm trying to find tenancy lengths. For example, the interval between Tenancy Start Date, and 2010/2011 Q2. My idea being if the Tenancy End Date is greater than the final day of the quarter, I use the Qtr to measure length (Up to that point), and if it's less, then I use Tenancy End Date to measure length.

I'm trying to show the number of tenancies over a certain length for each quarter from 2011. So if a tenancy began in January 2011 and ended in December 2011, it would still show up as having lasted 6 months+ from Qtr 4 of 2010/11 (We're using financial quarters), but I don't want it to be shown as having last that long until Qtr 2 2011/12.

The idea being I can plot this on a graph, with the X-axis have financial quarters.

Sorry if this sounds complicated.

But yeah, in short, trying to see if I can grab the last or first date of a Quarter as set up in the calendar. I doubt Max(FinancialQuarters) would work, but if it does that'd be great.

Thanks for any help,

Joseph Garner.

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think if you take max and Min of dates for a particular quarter in a separate load statement using a group by clause with the quarter field in, that should give you the desired result. would it not? or have you tried this and did this not help it.