Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

First Scatter Chart

I am trying to create a scatter chart for blood pressure.  I would like to plot Diastolic on one axis and Systolic on the other axis but I would like the scale to be a generic scale in increments of 5 or 10.  I went to the axes tab and it looks like I would like to set the scale min, max and static step but it is grayed out.

I am trying to do something similar to this.... http://www.bmj.com/highwire/filestream/636244/field_highwire_fragment_image_l/0.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I see - it is grid chart, not a scatter chart.

First, you have to use the correct chart type.  Next, your must have one dimension (can't tell what exactly) and two expressions, probably sum(BP_DIASTOLIC) and sum(BP_SYSTOLIC).

After that, you can use Scale.

Regards,

Michael

PS: see you example changed a little, just for illustration - I don't say it is logically correct.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Katie,

Until you click the checkboxes (in "Scale"), the fields where you can enter values are grayed out.  Or, do you mean that the checkboxes themselves are not "check-able"?  In the latter case - can you upload an example?

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Michael,

Thanks for your response but I am unable to click the boxes in the scale section of the axes tab.  I uploaded a sample file...

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I see - it is grid chart, not a scatter chart.

First, you have to use the correct chart type.  Next, your must have one dimension (can't tell what exactly) and two expressions, probably sum(BP_DIASTOLIC) and sum(BP_SYSTOLIC).

After that, you can use Scale.

Regards,

Michael

PS: see you example changed a little, just for illustration - I don't say it is logically correct.

Not applicable
Author

AHHH... I did notice that I had my expressions and dimensions mixed up after I posted my sample but I did NOT notice I clicked on the wrong chart!!

That's pretty embarrassing~  Luckily its Friday!

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Nothing embarrassing, we all make simple mistakes once in awhile...