Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danialier
Creator III
Creator III

Fix periods in X axis

Hello !

I have a Combo Chart where I want to show the revenue trend for the last 12 quarters whatever selection I select in a List Box where I have lsited all quarters. So I'm using the List Box to select quarters in order to modify other charts, but I want the Combo Chart to always show the last 12 quarters anyway.

Is there a way to fix that ?

thanks,

dani

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Dani

If I understand you correctly, you need this revenue trend to ignore the selections of quarters. For that, just use a set expression which ignores the selection of quarters:

<{Quarter=}>

or add Quarter= to the existing set expression. Depending on your data model, it may be necessary to ignore selections in some related fields, such as Month or Day.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

7 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Dani,

sorry, I cannot explain just how to do it, but it seems to me that you'd have to use "alternate states", whereby you essentially have two sets of data, each of which following selections in different listboxes, thus being independent of selections in the other state.

There must be something on it in the manual. I read it in "QlikView 11 for Developers", but I never used it yet. When the time comes for that kind of fine-tuning, I will read up on it again.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable

Hi Dani,

Do you need this Combo chart irrespective of the list box selection ?

I meant, like even though u select any specific quarters in list box, it should not affect your Combo chart.

Is my understanding correct ?

danialier
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Praveen,

Yes this is what I want to do with the Combo Chart.

Thks,dani

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Dani

If I understand you correctly, you need this revenue trend to ignore the selections of quarters. For that, just use a set expression which ignores the selection of quarters:

<{Quarter=}>

or add Quarter= to the existing set expression. Depending on your data model, it may be necessary to ignore selections in some related fields, such as Month or Day.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
danialier
Creator III
Creator III
Author

EXCELLENT, that works now ! Thanks Jonathan

Not applicable

Hi Dani,

I will go with Jonathan. Its the only way as of I know.

Not applicable

Dani,

One more way is, you can actually detach the Combo chart alone. Right Click --> Detach

So it will still show the values of all quarters and it will not respective to selections.

I think this might help u.

Regards,

Praveen