Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II

Fixed Expressions on Chart

Hi,

I have the attached Document, is it possible to have fixed dimensions and a measure for each one?

For example there is not direct link for the Desc "Unreported" and "Other" so I am having to do a text expression, not sure if I have explained myself very well but want the "Unreported" & "Other" to be part of the Chart Straight table?

Any ideas?

Thanks

20 Replies
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Anyone?

Not applicable

It looks like you want unreported and Other to be valid descr values.  And the criteria for determining is in the descriptions you have on the right?

Not applicable

The values 'DP',NDP'  are for the field DFlag?

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes so can i do anything to get round this?

Not applicable

an idea would be to add types for Other , unreported, do a resident load of your Fact Table but in the resident load, insert If test that check the flag and adj and set the type on those records to the new values (e.g. 7,8).

You could then have your expressions in variables - and then have your chart expression usinging an If test with the variables

I am jsut thinking out loud with this

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I still want the dimensions to show even if there is no results for the condition

Not applicable

If you select show zeros/null values, those dimensions should still work as long as there are values for them in the Dim table

Also, you could look into Oleg's suggestion as well

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

‌Hi Oleg, is it only on the internet I can get this book or would I be able to get this I of the bookstores in the UK?

thanks

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ivan,

I doubt if the book can be found in bookstores, it is too narrow-focused. Amazon.co.UK has it though. Plus, you can get it in any electronic format you wish - Kindle, epub, iBooks...

happy reading!

Oleg Troyansky

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Oleg,

I have brought your book from Amazon for the Kindle which is a great read so far, do you have any suggestions with regards to folder structure, source control, reusing the same qvd's and transforming them qvd's to another folder. There are a few things out there but wanted your suggestions of best practice etc... as getting to the stage where there are more developers starting to use the Qlikview but there is no structure and want to implement this asap.

Thanks