Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zet
Contributor III
Contributor III

Fixed Total

Hello,

I have a table with 3 dimensions (Dim1, Dim2,Dim3)

I want to show a table containing :

1st column :  count(Aggr(count(*),Dim1,Dim2,Dim3))

2nd column : count(Aggr(count(*),Dim1,Dim2)) => wich is a total fixed value that I will use in calculating other dimensions

Finally I want something like this 

Dim1Dim2Dim3Total
Line1Line1Line1FixedTotal
Line2Line2Line2FixedTotal

Thanks in advance for your help ! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You should use TOTAL keyword for outer analysis

Count(TOTAL Aggr(Count(Technique), Number, Place, Type))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Please post some rows of data to understand more clear

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
zet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

NumberPlaceTypeTechnique
11DG
11DL
12PG
12PL
13AG
14AG

I count Technique rows like that : count(Aggr(count(*), Number, Place, Type, Technique))

Technique

Nb Technique

count(Aggr(count(*), Number, Place, Type, Technique))

Total

count(Aggr(count(*),Number,Place,Type))

G4 
D2 

I want to calculate  total this way : count(Aggr(count(*),Number,Place,Type)) without considering Technique and it should be the same value for all the rows

In our example Total should be = 4 and not 6

Anil_Babu_Samineni

One more thing, Why you want to exclude "L" from technique to the total, Any logic behind?

zet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We can consider fields Number,Place,Type as a Place ID and Technique as signal techniques that covers places

so to count the total number of places covered by any signal we should count only occurences by Number,Place,Type

=> Total Number of places=4

=> G=4/4 = 100%

=>L=2/4=50%

mzitouni_0-1605551571141.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If i understand correctly, Try this way

Count(Aggr(Count(Technique), Number, Place, Type))

zet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes that's how I count Total but I want to make it as a fixed value in all rows so in the same table I want to have 2 different expressions :

Expression 1:  Count(Aggr(Count(Technique), Number, Place, Type, Technique))

Expression 2 : Count(Aggr(Count(Technique), Number, Place, Type)) => Fixed TOTAL

but it doesn't work

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You should use TOTAL keyword for outer analysis

Count(TOTAL Aggr(Count(Technique), Number, Place, Type))

zet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Works perfectly. Thanks !!!