Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
everest226
Creator III
Creator III

Flag use in different field

LOAD

[Affiliate Number],

[White Flag],    -----  this has only "Yes" and "NO" Value

Counter,

if([White Flag] = 'Yes' and [Res Status] = 'Live', 'Live',

if([White Flag] = 'No' and [Res Status] = 'Live', 'O', 'Cancelled'))  as mattla,

From,,,,,,,

the logic is

IF the res status is live and white flag is yes then the res status value should be conformed, if the res status is live and white flag is no than its a 0  ELSE CANCELLED .

------WHEN I VALIDATE THE DATA Cancelled' MATCHES BUT  'O" AND LIVE DOSENT MATCH ,  I DONT SEE ANY PROBLEM WITH MY LOGIC .

if([White Flag] = 'No' and [Res Status] = 'Live', 'O', 'Cancelled'))  as mattla,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
9 Replies
sunny_talwar

QlikView and Qlik Sense differentiate between YES and Yes and yes.... I say this because you mentioned Yes and NO... NO was all upper case, but Yes was not... make sure you use the correct casing.

Also, make sure that you don't have extra spaces before and after your values... if you do... then may be check using If(Trim([White Flag]) = 'Yes'.... and so on

everest226
Creator III
Creator III
Author

My bad

Yes and No both lower case , where should i implement trim statement , would be helpful

sunny_talwar

Around your field names

Capture.PNG

everest226
Creator III
Creator III
Author

dont think its value issue , getting same result after Trim also . but thank you.

sunny_talwar

Don't see anything wrong with your script... but may be if you can share a sample... we might be able to help better

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you show the values in your [White Flag]?

everest226
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Capture0000.PNG

everest226
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Sunny , it worked - you always been helpful.

sunny_talwar

What exactly worked? What was the issue? Can you provide the details for future visitors